Learning Commons Rules and Policies
1. Students visiting the Learning Commons must sign in using the Learning Commons sign in sheet. Students arriving at the Learning Commons from another class or from study hall must have a signed pass from their teacher.
2. No food or drink permitted.
3. Do not move the tables and chairs.
4. Be respectful of books, furniture, and electronics.
5. No unauthorized electronic devices. This includes cell phones, headphones, earbuds, speakers, tablets, etc.
6. No extension cords. This is a violation of the City of Cleveland fire code. The Learning Commons does have surge protectors that you can use if you need to charge your laptop.
7. Speakers should be on silent while working in the Learning Commons, unless you have permission from the Learning Commons Director to complete a specific task.
8. No playing games, watching videos, or napping.
9. The Learning Commons is a space where students can seek help with research and writing, work on assignments, and study. Be respectful of other students’ personal space and need for quiet. Disruptions will not be tolerated. Continued violations of this policy will result in detentions, suspensions from the Learning Commons, or a permanent ban from using the Learning Commons.
10. Circulation Policies: Items can be checked out for up to three weeks (one week plus two renewals), and renewals are permitted. Students can check out a maximum of ten (10) items at a time. Fines will be charged for overdue ($.05/day with a maximum of $5.00 per item), damaged, and missing books (replacement cost). If students have fines or overdue/missing items on their account, they will not be permitted to check out additional items. Outstanding fines and/or missing items will result in charges being placed on a student’s account with the Business Office.
11. Rules and policies can change without notice at the discretion of the Learning Commons Director and Benedictine High School administration.